Installing the Unity Editor is required for exporting custom content into the game. Any 2018.4 LTS version should be compatible. View Download Links
Once Unity is installed a project can be created to house custom content. At this point it is recommended to import Unturned's provided source packages:
- Inside Unity open the Assets > Import Package > Custom Package... wizard.
- Find the Unturned installation directory.
- Navigate to the Bundles/Sources directory.
- Import the Project.unitypackage, and optionally the ExampleAssets.unitypackage.
This package contains the barebones required to export custom content:
This package contains vanilla content examples, and several useful prefabs:
- CoreMasterBundle directory has at least one example of each piece of vanilla content.
- Animations directory has all of the vanilla item animations for re-use.
- Assets/Resources/Characters/Preview.prefab is helpful for previewing clothes.
Custom content should NOT be placed into the CoreMasterBundle, instead create a separate directory.